Tank Utility's deep integration with Cargas Energy makes it easy to:
- Get your tank monitors set up correctly, fast
- Reduce ongoing data maintenance in Tank Utility as your customers' information changes
- Make smarter delivery decisions using your tank monitors
The following article covers everything you need to:
- Configure accounts in Cargas Energy to integrate with Tank Utility
- Set up your Tank Utility monitors to pull in Cargas account information and send tank readings
- Keeping an eye on your integration to find any sync issues and resolve them
Configuring your Cargas Energy account for tank monitoring
- For best results, Cargas accounts and tanks should be configured to Delivery Type = Will Call - Monitored
- Tank readings still sync from Tank Utility to Cargas when an account is Delivery Type = Automatic, but Cargas Energy expects accounts to be Will Call - Monitored
- To complete configuration of a new monitor in Tank Utility, you will need the Cargas Account Number and the Cargas Tank Number for the customer account
- With that information, open the Tank Utility Portal and move on to the next step
Setting up a new tank monitor with Cargas in the Tank Utility Portal
The Tank Utility <> Cargas Energy integration allows you to speed up the Tank Utility Portal device setup process by importing your data directly from Cargas.
To do this:
- Navigate to the Device Configuration page
- You will see the BackOffice Sync section below
- Enter your Cargas Account Number and Cargas Tank Number into the fields below
- Click IMPORT to sync customer information directly from Cargas
- IMPORT will sync the following information from Cargas for the Account/Tank number specified
- Customer Name
- Tank Name
- Tank capacity
- Group - this syncs from the Cargas Delivery Zone (if configured)
- If the information all looks good - select IMPORT
- Make sure to add the Tank Orientation and Usage Type(s)
- SAVE the device and you are all set!
Go to our Individual Device Setup to find out more information to finalize your individual accounts setup.
Utilizing Filtering to View Your Devices
Each member on your team has the ability to customize their view of your monitored tanks. This is important to be able to understand your active, or inactive inventory, dive into specific consumption types for that have an active monitor, or organize these accounts by groups.
With better organization you can strategize your deployment, a deeper understanding on which accounts need fills based on usage type, or add in monitored accounts onto a driver’s route.
Show only active devices
Allows your team to see which devices that you have available for deployment, which devices are already active in the field, or which devices are turned off.
Being able to organize your devices by a specific consumption type will allow you to have a high level view on your different types of accounts. Upon deployment, you should denote the accounts various consumption types. [include link to Single Device Setup] Using this view will allow you to strategize fills based on the usage type of your customers.
Groups allow you to organize your monitors in different ways, whether it be devices that are on a certain delivery route, or different types of deliveries your customers take.
These get input into Zendesk
Labels: filter, viewing, organization, active, inactive, consumption, groups