If you have received an offline notification for your Tank Utility Monitor, here are some quick troubleshooting steps to get it back online.
When you start out troubleshooting, you will need to do the following:
- Attempt to prompt a reading from the monitor.
- To prompt for a reading, hold the activation magnet on the activation pad for ~3 seconds
Please see our Quick Start Troubleshooting Guide for a quick way to diagnose your monitor.
If the monitor displays a red LED under the battery:
This means that there is no power left in the battery to send a transmission. You will need to perform a battery replacement.
If the monitor displays a center red LED after prompting a reading:
This center red LED means that the device is unable to connect where the monitor is located.
- Reposition the monitor on the tank and prompt for a reading
- Make sure that the monitor is mounted on the exterior of the tank dome.
- If this is a below ground tank, we would recommend mounting this on the exterior of the tank dome either on the top of the dome, or on a post directly above the tank dome.
- If the monitor is responsive is unable reconnect at the site, we would advise relocating the monitor to a different location.
If the issue persists and you are unable to reconnect your monitor please feel free to contact us.