If you have received an offline notification for your Tank Utility Monitor, here are some quick troubleshooting steps to get it back online.
- Attempt to prompt a reading from the monitor.
- To prompt for a reading, hold the activation magnet on the activation pad for ~3 seconds
If the monitor displays a red LED under the battery:
This means that there is no power left in the battery to send a transmission. You will need to perform a battery replacement.
If the monitor displays a center red LED after prompting a reading:
This center red LED means that the device is unable to connect where the monitor is located.
- Check the Wi-Fi credentials (SSID and password) to make sure you typed them correctly.
- Make sure you’re in range of your Wi-Fi network. If your phone or computer has a poor connection at your tank, try temporarily moving the device closer to your Wi-Fi access point to confirm the issue. A WiFi extender may resolve this issue.
- Check your router settings.
- Make sure you have the required operating system on your mobile device.
- The Tank Utility Setup App for Android 9 currently is not working properly, we recommend using a different mobile device to perform the setup, or troubleshooting.
- You can test if your router is causing the issues by creating a WiFi hotspot with your phone and connecting your monitor to that network. Or you can try to configure your monitor on a friend’s WiFi network.
If any of your network information has changed, you will want to make sure to have the Tank Utility Setup App installed: iOS, or Android, and go through the setup process again. Your information will not be deleted as the data is tied to your monitor's 8 character device ID.
If the issue persists and you are unable to reconnect your unit to your wireless settings please feel free to contact us.