Tank Utility monitors are built with 4 AA Energizer long-life lithium batteries that are expected to last up to 7-11 years under normal operating conditions.
Things you will need:
- Philips head screwdriver
- REQUIRED: 4 AA Energizer Lithium Batteries (Using a different type of battery is a potential safety risk, see warning above.)
How to perform your replacement:
- Move monitor at least 6 feet away from your propane tank
- Turn over the device and locate the 4 screws on the bottom of the tank monitor
- Remove the 4 screws from the tabs on the enclosure and remove the base.
- Remove the batteries from the monitor and replace them with new Energizer L91 Ultimate Lithium AA Batteries.
- Recycle the used batteries responsibly. How do I recycle batteries?
- Close the monitor by attaching the base and top of the enclosure. Fasten the screws to 9 inch-pounds. (Failure to tighten properly will void the warranty)
- After replacing the batteries, the monitor will send a tank level reading immediately. You should see 3 LEDs light up on the monitor momentarily after battery replacement to confirm the replacement was successful. Alternatively, you may place the attached magnet to the device for roughly 2 seconds to force a manual reading. (Please note, it may take up to 10 days for the Tank Utility Portal/Application to show the proper battery level after a battery replacement, as the voltage is based on a 10 day average.)
Thanks for being a customer of Tank Utility! If you need additional support, view our documentation or feel free to contact our support team at support.tankutility.com.