Our monitors can have a +/- 4% difference between the dial and the sensor read out. If you experience a greater discrepancy, it could be one of the following issues:
Check Tank Orientation
Our default setting for calculating tank level assumes a horizontal tank. Do you have a vertical tank? If so, please change the setting for that device by using the wrench button in your app. If your tank orientation or gauge face does not match the orientation set in your app, you'll see a difference of 3% at mid values to 15% at the highest and lowest values.
Incorrect Dial Installation
If you have an incorrect dial type installed on your tank, it will cause a large discrepancy.
If you are unsure of what the dial is installed, please reach out to our support team with the following:
- Photo of the installation
- Your tank orientation
The cable that connects the sensor to the monitor enclosure is likely severed. Has your lawn been mowed recently or do you have animals grazing on your property?
You may also see a 0% if the dial needle is stuck. To resolve this:
- Use Activation Magnet and tap the dial face
- This should re-engage the dial and move to the correct tank percentage
- If the issue persists, please reach out to our support team
48% to 53%
If you have a monitor that is consistently reading between 48% through 53% then it indicates that your reading was taken while the sensor was not properly attached to the gauge face. Make sure the sensor is fitted snugly into your gauge face and reset your monitor.
If you have a monitor that has inconsistent tank level readings, you'll want to check the following:
- Sensor and dial connection is secure. You can remove the sensor from the dial and then reseat, you will hear a small "click" sound.
- Debris is caught between sensor and dial.
- You will want to remove the sensor and dial
- Clean off the sensor and the dial
- Reattach the sensor to the dial
- Sensor damage
If you tried all of these, please feel free to contact us.
Article is closed for comments.