Proactively resolve issues with your monitored accounts to prevent inaccurate tank level readings, or missed deliveries. Make sure that you are up to date on any maintenance, or account updating, by enrolling in Issues alerts in the Bulk Alerting tab.
Learn more as you encounter issues with your monitors by leveraging this screen. It will give you the details about the types of issues you are seeing and how to resolve them quickly.
Adjust the information you want to see listed about each account through adding columns
- Account ID
- Tank %
Add in what issues you would like to view
Information was not input correctly in the CONFIG panel of the device
- Missing Tank Capacity - Can show incorrect gallons used on a tank, or impact how your back office integration syncs
- Missing Address - Prevent misplacing active monitors by adding in the address where they’re deployed, or stored
- Missing Tank Orientation - Can lead to incorrect tank percentages
Issues that impact monitor's tank level reading
- Sensor High - This is typically caused by a misaligned or incorrect Rochester Remote Ready dial or float gauge, by having a magnet too close to the sensor, or by damage to the remote ready sensor or sensor cable.
- Sensor Low - This is typically caused by overfilling a tank, by damage to the sensor or sensor cable, by having a magnet too close to the sensor, or from a misaligned or incorrect dial or float gauge.
- Device Offline - Device has not taken a reading in 3+ more days. This could be in a poor connectivity area and need to be redeployed elsewhere
Know about routine upkeep for monitors
- Battery Warning - Batteries are getting low and should be scheduled to get replaced
- Battery Critical - Batteries are almost dead and to avoid missing a reading you should replace those immediately
Issue Count Graph
This is a high level overview on the Issues Report. It displays the percentage of each issue that is occurring.
Article is closed for comments.