How to install your Tank Utility WiFi Tank Monitor to your home network:
Connect your TU to the setup app
- Make sure your unit is in setup mode: hold the activation magnet to the activation pad until the center LED flashes purple, then let go.
- Open the setup app on your smartphone or tablet. Make sure your mobile device can access WiFi. Follow the directions in the app.
- If you're using an iOS device, make sure that you choose the Tank-XXXX network and return to your setup app. When you setup app then prompts you to choose a network - select your home WiFi network.
Connecting the TU to your WiFi access point
If your Tank Utility displays a center red LED this means the monitor did not successfully send a reading.
These are possible errors that may have occurred:
- Your SSID and password were entered incorrectly. Check for typos!
- Your router may have MAC filtering, or may limit the number of IP addresses that use the router at one time. Check for security settings like this on your router. If you need your MAC address, please contact us.
- You may have a firewall that is blocking the tankutility.com domain or particle.io domain (that's the site that hosts our firmware).
- Your router may have WEP security encryption. Please change this to WPA2 for best results.
If in the final steps in the Tank Utility Setup App the icon spins and does not confirm a connection, this means that the settings are not put in correctly, or you are too far from your wireless network.
You can test if your router is causing the issues by creating a WiFi hotspot with your phone and connecting your monitor to that network. Or you can try to configure your monitor on a friend's WiFi network.